Thursday, December 3, 2009

Can anyone tell me if one should wear mineral makeup when they're having their photos taken?

I read an article where the writer, a makeup artist, was saying that no matter what the lighting, mineral makeup doesn't come out right in photographs and people wearing mineral makeup end up having a strange, ghostly glow to their skin. I have an event coming up so I was wondering if I should pass on the mineral makeup this time to avoid having a strange complexion immortalized in photo albums.





Are there any makeup artists or other cosmetics people that can tell me about this? Thanks.Can anyone tell me if one should wear mineral makeup when they're having their photos taken?
I'm no professional, but as a former mineral make-up user I can tell you right off that bat that getting your pictures taken (with a camera with a FLASH) with mineral makeup makes your face look really shiny/weird/glittery.Can anyone tell me if one should wear mineral makeup when they're having their photos taken?
I'm only guessing here but maybe the shiny/weird look one gets when wearing mineral makeup and having their pics taken comes from some of the ingredients in the makeup. Here's some ingredients from a mineral makeup site:





Bismuth Oxychloride: Translucent mineral with fair absorbency %26amp; good adhesion. Used to add shine to mineral makeup formulas.





Sericite Mica: Translucent mica with fair absorbency %26amp; good adhesion. Used to add shine to a mineral makeup formula. Silky to the touch.


--------------------------------------鈥?br>

As you can see, those 2 add shine to mineral makeup. You know, give it that healthy shine to the skin. That's not what you want for pictures. I'm a hobby photographer but I've also shot pics with models. One tip I learned from them was never use makeup with SPF because it leaves a white cast on your face in pictures.





You might want to consider makeup specifically for photography such as MUFE HD foundation or Smashbox Camera Ready or Cargo Blueray foundation.





http://www.makeupforever.com/catalogue/foundations/hd-invisible-cover-foundation-make-up/12-1/288.html





http://www.smashbox.com/full_coverage





http://www.cargocosmetics.com/product_66.html





They might be pricey but hey, it's worth it to look flawless in your pictures, especially if you're spending good money to have those pictures done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain name registration