Friday, December 11, 2009

What makeup is best for wedding photos?

I am getting my makeup professionally done through a family friend and her salon. She told me she could get any makeup I wanted. She suggested MAC makeup as its good for photos. The only problem is, MAC makeup is very dark and I am afraid it will be too bold and not very bridal. My question basically is, what is good makeup to use for your big day? What looks best for photos? I dont want to look too natural as I am not fair skinned but I dont want to look like im going to the club either! Any suggestions?What makeup is best for wedding photos?
Have you worn MAC makeup before? For me I had worn MAC before and their foundations don't agree with my face. It makes my face very oily so I knew that it wasn't going to work for me.


I think the best thing to do is have a trial run with your makeup artist - try using MAC and see how your skin reacts, if the makeup looks to dark, they eyeshadow stays on, etc.


For me I have several different cosmetic brands that my makeup artist used for the day of my wedding because I have certain products that I know work on my skin. I personally recommend Estee Lauder for your foundation. If you have oily eyelids I highly recommend using Urban Decay's Eye Primer Potion - your eyeshadow will stay on all day.


Try playing around with different products and get to know what really works for you. I think thats the best way to go. You don't have to focus on one particular brand of make-up; just focus on what will work best with your skintype, eyes, lips, etc.What makeup is best for wedding photos?
MAC is a good brand of makeup. They do have dark colors but they also have lighter colors. MAC eye makeup is highly pigmented which is why it's a good choice for photos. I suggest letting the makeup professional advise you as to what your options are and what would be best. Then have a trial and take pictures.
I would stay with MAC. Both of my daughters and daughter in-law Had their make up done by a MAC professional,It all depends on who does your make up, and how heavy of a hand they have, It can be put on very light.





Go to the MAC counter and have a trial run, This will only cost you a tube of lipstick, or an eye shadow.





Bobby Brown is all so very good. But I prefer MAC. It does last longer.
MAC will be the best for photos. It doesn't have to be too dark....It's creator made it to withstand theater acting, so it will withstand your tears.





You sound like you look like me...go do a trial run at the MAC store just to get a feel if you like. I am going for a peachy look for my May wedding and I am using MAC
Airbrush is the best, it turns out the best in photos (according to my photographer). It also will match with your skin tones better than regular make up and you can choose as much or little as you want when it comes to the eyes and blush/bronzer.
Get MAC, just try a lighter shade. Try the MAC in shade NC 35 or NC 30 (from the bottle). It's the most amazing make up ever. You can buy and it t ry it out for a couple days to see how it feels/looks, and if you decide you don't like it, you can bring it back for a complete refund. Good luck and congrats!
Don't do anything bold... you husband will want you to look the way you usually do, with a little extra. I know my future hubby would be bummed to see me in my pictures with red lips or a dark eyeliner. Go for natural tones, I'm sure it will look really pretty with your complexion. :)
I happen to agree with you. I know MAC is great for dramatic photoshoots, but I think its way too intense for a wedding. I know Smashbox is excellent for photos and it is much more subtle.
Mac has a wide range from light to dark?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain name registration