Thursday, June 24, 2010

Is $600 fair for professional photo shoot including hair and makeup?

I have been offered to sign with a fairly popular modeling agency in my area. Before signing I want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off. The agency is legitamite, but I have heard of girls that are signed even though their not modeling material just to pay for photos and never get work. Once i sign the contract I am exlcusive to them for 12 months so I want to be sure. They are charging $600 bucks to get professional photos to build a portfolio. This includes comp cards, 8x10s, and a cd. They also provide hair and makeup. The shots include 5-8 outfit changes. I know that a portfolio and professional photos are necessary in order to submit to clients, but is $600 bucks reasonable? Also I believe there is (25) comp cards, 4 or 5 8x10s included, not sure though. Is this normal for an agency, am I being scamed?





PS, before I even get the photos they already have an audition for a fashion show lined up for me this Monday. There is not limit to when I have to get the photos and their not a requirement, the agency just recommends it to get more jobs. There is also a payment plan.Is $600 fair for professional photo shoot including hair and makeup?
Tyra Banks says that they never charge you.





Do research before going. 600 dollars is a lot of money and you def don't want them to take that from you and rip you off.
  • loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    domain name registration